The Campus Read program is designed to encourage all members of the campus community to engage both in and out of the classroom setting. The program:
- Creates a common experience that increases awareness and engagement in culture and current issues;
- Promotes academic discourse and critical thinking;
- Provides an introduction to the expectations of higher education;
- Integrates an academic and social experience into the campus community;
- Fosters student-to-student and student-to-faculty and staff connections.
The Campus Read committee, comprised of students, faculty, and staff, works with the President’s Office in selecting a book that includes themes of creative problem solving, diverse perspectives, and community.
The Campus Read program is overseen by the Provost’s Office in partnership with New Student Programs.