What is the Undergraduate Research Conference
The annual conference is a forum for Boise State undergraduate students from academic disciplines to demonstrate what they have learned through their research, scholarship, or the arts. Students may present their work in poster, podium presentation, or visual formats.
Undergraduate Research Conference:
Monday, April 15, 2019
Who may participate
Any Boise State undergraduate student may participate in the conference provided they have a Boise State faculty sponsor and their project abstract is approved.
When is the conference
Monday, April 15, 2019
12:00pm – 2:30pm
Student Union Building
- Oral presentations are a total of 10 minutes (8 minutes for presentation, 2 minutes for questions).
- A laptop, display screen, and podium will be provided.
- An overview of oral presentations and tips for effective presentations may be found at https://academics.boisestate.edu/studentresearch/oral-presentation/
- Out of professional courtesy, all presenters and audience members are expected to stay for the entire session.
- The preferred poster size is 48 inches wide x 36 inches high (cannot exceed these dimensions).
- Each poster presentation will be provided with display backing.
- An overview of poster design and a poster template may be found at https://academics.boisestate.edu/studentresearch/poster-presentations/
- Presenters are expected to be at their poster and available to discuss their research for the duration of the conference.
- Performances may be up to 10 minutes long.
- Performers may be requested to provide additional information about their work prior to acceptance into the conference. Upon application acceptance, the Student Research Program will work with the performers to arrange for appropriate spaces for music, dance, and theatre performances.
- Performers must provide all of their own equipment (e.g. instruments, speakers, props, etc.).
- Visual artists may be required to provide additional information about their work prior to acceptance into the conference. Upon application acceptance, the Student Research Program will work with visual artists to arrange for appropriate spaces for exhibition of student’s work.
- Visual artists must provide all of their own display equipment (e.g. special lighting, hanging/mounting hardware, etc.).
How to submit a conference participation application
* Applications will be available January 2019 *
The following information is required for the application:
- Project abstract uploaded as an attachment (abstract should be 150 – 200 words). Abstract must be reviewed and approved by faculty mentor prior to applying for conference.
- Faculty mentor information
- Team member name(s)
- Presentation format (poster, podium, visual or performing arts)
For questions about the Undergraduate Research Conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org