The Office of the Provost seeks to hire a Vice Provost for Academic Planning (VPAP). Working collaboratively with other members of the Provost’s team, College Deans, Department Chairs, and others, the VPAP will contribute to university efforts toward higher levels of achievement in teaching, scholarship, and community engagement.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing university accreditation with NWCCU;
- Facilitation of academic program development, in coordination with colleges and departments;
- Serving as liaison with Office of the State Board of Education, participating in Board meetings and subcommittee meetings (CAAP and IRSA);
- Providing broad-spectrum analytical support for Academic Affairs, producing reports, and contributing significantly to institutional strategic planning;
- Supervisory responsibility for the Office of Institutional Research;
- In collaboration with HR and the Budget Office, overseeing the faculty CEC process;
- Overseeing the Periodic Review process for academic departments and programs;
- University-level committee work and assignments, including Space Assignment Advisory Committee, Executive Enrollment Committee, and Information Technology Planning Committee;
- Championing and implementing inclusive vision and practices for all of the above.
Competitive applicants will have a record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service at Boise State and administrative/leadership experience commensurate with expectations of the position. Importantly, competitive applicants will appreciate and be capable of representing the diversity of disciplinary methods, perspectives, and values that exist within the campus community. Ability to work both independently and as a team member is essential.
Nominations of colleagues to the Interim Provost are welcome; the Provost’s Office will inform nominees and invite application.
This position is a twelve-month appointment. Only tenured Boise State faculty are eligible to apply; tenure within home department will be retained by the selected individual.
To apply, complete the online application and attach a current CV and letter of interest outlining your qualifications and vision by November 16 at 11:59pm. Interviews will commence by first week of December. Applicant information will be kept in confidence.
Application Link: Vice Provost for Academic Planning
Target Start Date
The selected candidate will ideally begin working in a part-time capacity January 7, 2019, with official full-time start date of July 1, 2019.
Questions about this opportunity may be directed to Interim Provost Roark.