ICUR TRAVEL AWARDS
We are pleased to acknowledge the National Science Foundation under grant number IIA-1301792 and Idaho EPSCoR for their generous support in providing travel awards for ICUR 2018 participants (students and faculty). The travel awards are provided to help undergraduate students gain the experience and exposure that comes from attending and presenting at ICUR. It also provides an opportunity for faculty to participate in various scientific and networking events and to recognize the excellent work achieved by students.
The travel awards fund transportation and lodging expenses for undergraduate students and faculty from any Idaho 2-4 year college and who are pursuing degrees in STEM fields and the social sciences to attend at the ICUR conference. Due to the limited number of travel awards preference will be given to students who present at the conference. The travel award provides transportation by bus to the conference and on-campus lodging for the duration of the conference. The submission deadline for a student travel award is July 2018.
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at any Idaho 2-4 year college.
- Be pursuing an education in a STEM field or social sciences.
- Be a registered participant at ICUR 2018 (preferably a poster presenter)
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Register for the conference online. To register visit the Conference Registration page.
- If you are faculty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange travel.
- If you are a student, submit your abstract – Abstract Submission Deadline is June 2018. To submit your abstract visit the Abstract Submission page.
- If you are a student, click the TRAVEL AWARD button below and complete the application online.
- Idaho EPSCoR and ICUR arranges your on-campus lodging and bus transportation based on the information provided at the time of your travel application.
- The travel award provides a transportation by bus to the conference and on-campus lodging for the duration of the conference. The travel award does not cover food expenses or other ground (or flight) transportation and lodging.
- This year the travel award is no longer only awarded as a package. You may request only housing or only transportation. However, we will not reimburse for mileage or parking if you use your own form of transportation.
- Idaho EPSCoR and ICUR invests in your conference attendance to help you achieve your educational and career goals. Thus you are strongly encouraged to present a poster at ICUR. Due to the limited number of travel awards preference will be given to students who present at the conference.
- You are eligible for only one travel award, even if multiple abstracts are accepted with you as one of the authors.
- Transportation. The pick up locations for bus transportation are the Performing Arts Center (Pocatello) and UI Intermodal Transit Center (Moscow). The drop off location for bus transportation is the Lincoln Townhomes at Boise State University (1100 South Lincoln Ave on the Boise State campus – corner of Belmont & Lincoln Streets). For more details regarding the bus transportation please contact Sarah Penney, EPSCoR Education, Outreach, and Diversity Manager, at email@example.com or by phone at (208) 885-2345.
Travel Support for Faculty
If you have any questions regarding your travel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Award Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who should request a travel award?
A: If you meet the eligibility requirements, do not have the funds to cover your conference participation (transportation and lodging arrangements), and your program or department does not provide funding either, consider requesting an ICUR travel award. If you have other funding alternatives it is ideal to utilize those resources instead.
Q: When is the Travel Award Application deadline?
A: The application deadline for student travel award is July 1st, 2018.
Q: I have already arranged my lodging, but I do need transportation to the conference.
Am I eligible for a travel award?
A: Yes, you may request only housing or only transportation. However, we will not reimburse for mileage or parking if you use your own form of transportation.
Q: Is there a wait list in case some students cancel their award?
A: Yes, ICUR compiles a wait list of eligible students. Those on the wait list will be notified as travel awards becomes available.
Q: Do I have to submit an abstract to be eligible for a travel award?
A: No. It is not a requirement to submit an abstract to be eligible for a travel award. The two submission processes are independent of each other and require two separate submissions.
Q: What criteria besides eligibility are applied in granting a travel award?
A: Travel awards are made to students meeting the eligibility criteria on a first-come-first-serve basis, with preference for eligible participants presenting at the conference.
Q: How are my travel and lodging arranged?
A: ICUR and Idaho EPSCoR will arrange your transportation and lodging based on the information provided in your application at the time of submission.
Q: What on-campus housing am I staying in?
A: You will be staying in a 2-story townhouse-style suite located just one block from the Student Union Building.
Q: Do I get my own room?
A: All travel awardees will share a suite with other awardees of the same gender.
Q: I received a travel award and registered for the conference, but now I need to cancel my award and conference registration. How do I do this?
A: Please immediately contact Sarah Penney (Idaho EPSCoR) at email@example.com or (208) 885-2345.
Q: What events am I required to attend if I get a travel award?
A: ICUR requires your full participation in the conference.
Q: Do I have to be at the conference the whole time?
A: Idaho EPSCoR and ICUR are investing in your conference participation. Thus, as a travel award recipient you must attend the entire conference. Your travel dates will be arranged by the EPSCoR Office. No exceptions can be made.
If your question is still unanswered, please contact Sarah Penney, EPSCoR Education, Outreach, and Diversity Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (208) 885-2345.