An e-Portfolio is one tool for becoming a more active, lifelong learner.
A portfolio is your space to COLLECT , CONNECT , and REFLECT on your learning experiences here at Boise State. Keeping a portfolio can help you make connections between different courses, see your growth, and realign your goals. It is a place where you can articulate and understand your own story–and practice sharing it with others.
- COLLECT: Upload work from different courses, internships, jobs, or other experiences
- CONNECT: Describe what you have learned. Showcase your accomplishments. Explain how different projects, courses, and experiences deepen the same skills or introduce entirely new ones.
- REFLECT: Make sense of your progress and set or reset your learning goals.
In University Foundations courses, most students take three beginning steps on their e-portfolio journey.
- Create or Connect an E-Portfolio to their UF Course
- Add Pages and Content as directed by their instructor
- Submit their finished pages at the end of the semester
Ready to start making your first e-portfolio? Below are some step-by-step instructions to help.
(Or contact the help desk: 208-426-4357, or email@example.com.)
Blackboard Portfolio Software: Step-By-Step Instructions
See the following links for getting started in Blackboard Portfolio, or visit Boise State’s help site for students: https://oit.boisestate.edu/learning/portfolio-support/.
For printable instruction sheets, download the following PDF documents:
- Create a Blackboard Portfolio
- Add Papers, Videos, or Presentations to a Blackboard Portfolio
- Submit a Blackboard Portfolio to an Assignment
- Tips for Submitting and Sharing E-Portfolios new
Digication E-Portfolio Software Discontinued
University Foundations students currently create e-portfolios through Blackboard Portfolio software. But prior to the 2017-18 academic year, students used Digication software, which is now being discontinued.
Boise State’s contract with Digication will expire in August 2018, and the service will no longer be supported after that date. The decision to end the Digication service on campus involved student and faculty review, low usage by instructors, and the overall cost of the service.
To preserve your saved e-portfolio(s), you have the following options:
- Contact Digication directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and request your e-portfolio content be maintained by Digication for a fee.
- Use the Download option in Digication, accessed through the Portfolio Tools tab on your e-portfolio. If you have problems downloading your content, please contact email@example.com.
If you need assistance with your Digication content, please schedule an appointment by contacting the Office of Information Technology at (208) 426-4446, or firstname.lastname@example.org.