Teaching, Training, and High-Impact Practices
Getting Started at Boise State and Foundational Studies:
- We accept applications to become a UF 100 Discussion Group Leader or a UF 200 Instructor on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Read a brief description of these teaching opportunities here. To obtain an application or inquire further, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form I-9: Human Resources will need this form once you have been hired.
- Bronco Card: The Bronco Card is your campus ID card. It can be used for various services on campus, like the library.
Teaching and Grading:
- myBoiseState: Through myBoiseState, you can access your email, Peoplesoft, campus news, Human Resources, and much more.
- Peoplesoft: This system can be used to view your teaching schedule, class roster and enter grades.
- Blackboard: Both instructors and students use Blackboard. You can post announcements, add documents and assignments, grade assignments, and discuss with students through Blackboard.
- Grading: The University’s grading system can be found here as well as other important information about grades.
- Textbooks: Order textbooks for your course through the campus bookstore.
- Office of Information Technology: Laptops, tablets, video cameras and more are available to rent from OIT.
- Resources from FSP Office
- Desk Copies: Desk copies for instructors can be ordered as long as the book pertains to the current semester.
- Campus Read: You can borrow a copy of the Campus Read book from our office.
- Photo copies, Office Supplies and Mail Pickup: Photo copies can be requested via email. There are office supplies (markers, pencils, notecards, paper, etc.) available in the office for you to use and borrow. Campus mail can be picked up in our office, and you will be notified if you have any.
- Chromebooks: There are 21 Chromebooks for you to use in your course, subject to availability. Send your request to reserve to email@example.com.
- ePortfolios: Our office can provide ePortfolio assistance to you and your students.
- All Permission Numbers: Our department will issue all students permission numbers for your course. We will not provide an override number without your permission.
- Other inquiries: Feel free to contact the office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (426-4057).
- UF 100 Faculty Development Workshops
- UF 200 Faculty Learning Community
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- IDEA Shop
- Service Learning
- Albertson’s Library
Policies and Procedures: