The selected graduating student will address fellow graduates at the commencement ceremony, sit on stage with the other dignitaries and be recognized with a short biography in the program.
Students meeting the selection guidelines may nominate themselves to be considered for this honor.
- Academically talented with a 3.5 GPA minimum
- An August or December baccalaureate or associate graduate for Winter Commencement or May baccalaureate or associate graduate for Spring Commencement
- Articulate and capable public speaker
- Positive role model and representative of Boise State
- A minimum of 64 credits at Boise State University
Nomination packets should include:
- Completed nomination form
- Letter addressed to the selection committee encompassing the following:
- your ability to be a positive role model and a representative of Boise State and
- your public speaking experience
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member or advisor encompassing the following:
- how the student is known to the recommender;
- how the student is a positive representative of Boise State; and
- student’s experience and recommenders’ assessment of his/her articulation and public speaking abilities.
- Unofficial transcript
- Applicant video of no more than 2 minutes (see guidelines on nomination form)
For more information, or a nomination packet, email Mandy Nelson at email@example.com.