The 102nd commencement ceremony will be held in Taco Bell Arena.
Please use this map (coming soon) to view guest seating locations as well as approximate seating of graduates.
The following items are prohibited from Taco Bell Arena:
- outside alcohol of any type
- outside food or beverages
- laser pointers, weapons or anything deemed a threat to public safety
- air horns
- cowbells or noisemakers of any type
- controlled substances
- backpacks, large bags or packages of any kind
- purses and diaper bags are permitted and will be inspected by security
- binoculars and cell phones are permitted and subject to security inspection
- any other item deemed unacceptable by Taco Bell Arena security or management
Walk-Through Metal Detectors
Taco Bell Arena utilizes metal detectors to increase security screening at all entries. Allowable bags will be searched and students and guests will be asked to place metal items into divesting bowls prior to passing through the detectors. In most cases, students and guests will be moved through the screen checkpoints without delay, however, bringing in a prohibited item (list above) will cause unnecessary delay.
Special accommodations for guests or participants with disabilities are available. The Guest Services department at Taco Bell Arena strives to provide excellent service to all guests, including those guests with special needs. View Taco Bell Arena’s accessibility services.
For graduates, please notify the Registrar’s Office at 426-4249 or email Mandy Nelson at email@example.com, two (2) weeks prior to commencement. Special arrangements will be made for all activities associated with commencement.
For guests, Taco Bell Arena will reserve special seating at the top of the Parquet. Special accommodation guests should arrive a little early and can be dropped off at Entrance 1 or 2 of the arena.
An elevator will take guests to the Parquet level. Arena staff will be available to assist with seating. Please be aware that because of the limitations for special accommodation seating, all of your family and friends may not be able to sit together in that section
University policy #4130 allows students to participate only in the ceremony immediately following completion of all graduation requirements. The university understands that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that would prevent a student from being able to participate in the appropriate ceremony and a limited number of appeals are approved based on extenuating circumstances.
If you are appealing to participate early, you
- must have applied for graduation and paid the graduation application fee for the term you intend to graduate (NOT walk),
- have no more than 6 credits to complete in the following term, and
- must be enrolled in all outstanding requirements.
Requests to participate early in the winter ceremony are reviewed in November after spring continuing enrollment.
Requests to participate early in the spring ceremony are reviewed in March after summer continuing enrollment.
Appeals for Spring 2018 will not be accepted after March 21, 2018.
Please note, if your appeal is approved, your name will not be printed in the program for the ceremony that you are walking in, but rather in the program when you complete your requirements. Early participants are not eligible to wear honor cords at commencement.